Ageism. We’re starting to hear a lot about that in the news, both in and outside of our niche. I bet when you hear that word, you have an instant negative reaction. Why, because when you hear it you probably immediately think of age discrimination. Don’t you? Well, that’s partly true.
We’re going to get to the heart of ageism today … Since this is such an important topic, we’re also going to cover some of the unseen effects you may be experiencing that you may not even know about.
So, what is ageism? Well, it is simply defined as prejudice or discrimination on the basis of a person’s age. And, if you work with customers who are into their 60’s, 70’s or beyond a lot, you’re probably guilty of it.
Today we’re covering ageism
1. A little deeper on what ageism is.
2. How it can happen easily (and, over time) to all of us (With fun scientific study references!).
3. A few simple examples for context.
4. How it affects your business and customers.
5. How you can unknowingly be spreading it.
6. Why it’s something we just need to do away with in our language and thoughts.
7. How to get yourself on the right path to NOT being an ageist.
Music snippet from: Loveshadow – Takin’ Yo Time